Harry Potter Pumpkin pasties
It is important that a starter is not too heavy on the stomach and that it stirs the appetite. Like our previous Game of Thrones recipe Christmas Dinner 1: Night’s Watch Hot Mulled Wine we are going to use cinnamon. But this time we are going to mix it up with pumpkin. The tasty appetizer that is served during our geeky food fest is called ‘Harry Potter Pumpkin pasties’. Here is some Harry Potter knowledge for you. Pumpkin pasties are a wizarding food sold by the Honeydukes Express on the Hogwarts Express. They are similar to a Cornish pastie, but are filled with pumpkin instead of meat. The Pumpkin pasties are known for being ordered by Harry with all other sorts of delicious foods when he travels on the Hogarts Express for the first time.
What she did have were Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans, Drooble’s Best Blowing Gum, Chocolate Frogs, Pumpkin Pasties, Cauldron Cakes, Licorice Wands, and a number of other strange things Harry had never seen in his life – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
SERVES: 18 pasties
COOKS IN: 35 MINUTES
- Thaw pie dough in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place parchment on (or grease) two half-sheet pans.
- Mix pumpkin puree with room temperature butter in a large bowl, and stir in garlic, cheese, and seasonings . Set aside.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, roll pie crust out to 1/8 inch thick, and cut into 4-inch circles (or larger, if you prefer) with a pastry cutter or edge of a glass.
- Spoon out a half teaspoon or less of the pumpkin mixture onto one side of the dough circles, fold over to create half-moons, and crimp the edges closed.
- Cut three tiny slits into the top of each to vent.
- Transfer pasties to baking sheets, and brush each with egg wash.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until lightly golden.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool for 5 minutes then the Harry Potter Pumpkin pasties are ready to be served.
Enjoy your wizarding Harry Potter Pumpkin pasties!