Minecraft Mushroom stew
After eating the Pumpkin Pasties you are probably stuffed. Time for a light meal in between dishes. It’s pretty cold outside, so something hot for your tummy would be nice. Guess it’s time for some hot soup. To restore our hunger we are going to serve Minecraft Mushroom stew, or soup. This seems like a good use for an old time favourite ingredient: the mushroom!
Mushroom stew can be obtained by “milking” a mooshroom with an empty bowl. This is simply accomplished by using a bowl on a mooshroom. The bowl will be replaced with the mushroom stew item.
Unfortunately we did not get any mooshroom so we have to make the Minecraft Mushroom stew ourselves.
Eat to restore hunger bar
COOKS IN: 95 MINUTES
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat
- Cook the mushrooms with a pinch salt until the mushrooms give off their juices; reduce heat to low.
- Continue to cook, stirring often, until juices evaporate and the mushrooms are golden brown. This takes about 15 minutes.
- Set aside a few attractive mushroom slices for garnish later (optional).
- Add onions and cook until it is soft and translucent, for about 5 minutes.
- Stir flour into the mushroom mixture and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes to remove raw flour taste.
- Tie thyme sprigs into a small bundle with kitchen twine and add to mushroom mixture; add garlic cloves.
- Pour chicken stock and water into mushroom mixture.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for an hour.
- Remove thyme bundle.
- Transfer soup to a blender in small batches and puree on high speed until smooth and thick.
- Return soup to pot and stir in cream.
- Season with salt and black pepper and serve in bowls, garnished with reserved mushroom slices and a few thyme leaves and your Minecraft Mushroom Stew is done, enjoy!
Don’t have a blender yet? Don’t worry, we didn’t have one either and bought one from Ninja.