‘DIY Pokémon necklaces’ Gotta make them all!
Many of you walk hours on end just to catch every Pokémon out there. And now you can do this in style. By making homemade Pokémon necklaces! And I can help you make them. See, I often visit flea markets and second-hand stores looking for fun stuff for my game collection. And while I was out and about, I got the idea to start looking for small Pokémon that I could then turn into my very own Pokémon necklace. Of course you can also make bracelets, earrings, rings or keychains and instead of Pokémon you can use any small figurine. But for me it’s Pokémon all the way!
How to make your DIY Pokémon necklaces
Some figurines are made to hang on a phone or key ring, these have a small ring and save you some work. If you can’t find any at the thrift stores, then can order them online. We’ve linked everything you need to make your Pokémon necklaces below.
- Pokémon figurines
- Jewelry eyelet
- Jump ring
- Plain necklace 24′ inch – 60 cm
- Jewelry-making tools
- Optional: a little jewelry bag
This is how it works:
- To turn the figurine into a necklace you first need to punch a small hole in the top. This gives you some traction when you screw in the eyelet. You know, the tiny screw thing with the loop thing on top. To screw the eyelet in securely, use a pair of small pliers. To make it extra secure you can add a tiny bit of strong glue. Just be careful to not get any glue on anything else!
- Next, you hook a jump ring through and secure it with the pliers. You do this by opening it with your pliers, then pushing both sides of the ring together to close it. Push them towards each other and against each other from the sides to make sure your Pokémon does not get away!
- Now you just have to loop your chain through the jump ring of the figurine. This part is pretty self-explanatory. Get the thing inside the other thing, and you are done!
- Optional: These necklaces make a very nice gift, so you could put them in a little jewelry bag or attach them to a decorated piece of cardboard. And give it to somebody you love. But you can also keep it if you are inclined to do so!